Ambariffic is a graphic designer, illustrator, and paronomasiac in the Portland, OR area. She spends a lot of time thinking of jokes to draw, working and referring to herself in the third person (for the sake of this sentence, at least).
I also enjoy hiking in the Pacific Northwest, (the above picture is taken at the top of Saddle Mountain), and reading stacks of books, especially on words and language. I’m a bit of a know-it-all (but a likable one, I hope), but I use my know-it-all tendencies to find the best solutions for any project I am working on. This tendency of mine also means that I am a life-long learner. I constantly read, find self-teaching tools, or enroll in classes to learn more and more tools and skills. It seems to be a successful approach, according to the recommendations on my LinkedIn page.
I value equality, inclusion, and basic human dignity and respect. I also value fact-based institutions, and tend not to believe things without solid evidence and/or reasoning.
I grew up in Central Oregon (specifically the land of Les Schwab tires, Prineville), and moved over to Portland in 2006, and have made a home here. I feel like I’d be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful region than the Pacific Northwest. That being said, I am incredibly interested in seeing what the rest of the country and the world has to offer (especially the Netherlands, as the child of a Dutch immigrant).
What else would you like to know? I could fill this out like a cover letter, but that would be far too impersonal and would give you a long-winded version of what my resume would tell you. I could also fill it out like a personal ad, but I don’t really like long walks on the beach.
Ambariffic, Ambaroo, what can I design for you? Let me know via email: Amber@Ambariffic.com
A driven, results-focused designer and marketer with 10+ years’ experience.
An experienced graphic designer with a proven track record in bringing outstanding and accurate visuals to projects, including digital, print, and web design. With a deep understanding of how to take client’s ideas, needs, and brand and transforming it into creative, engaging, and vibrant visuals and stories. A strong ability managing sizable and multiple projects simultaneously for internal and external clients, fusing professionalism, graphic skill, and a passion for art and digital culture. Proven track record in adhering to brand standards, deadlines and budgets, while creating unique campaigns that increase organizational exposures and sales revenue. Extensive background in web design, videography, and utilizing marketing data to assist in the creation of ads, websites, and brands.
Social Media | Conceptual Ideation | Public History | Client Relations | Video Production Print & Digital Marketing | Graphic Design | Budgeting | Branding | Creative & Art Direction | Web Design
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign | Dreamweaver | Animate | Premiere Pro | After Effects | WordPress | BVCommerce | HTML, CSS, Web Coding Languages | Pardot Marketing Automation | SolidWorks
Mobile Technologies Inc. | Lead Designer (2012 to Present)
- Directs all creative operations from design, initial pitch, brand strategy, to final implementation and assessment.
- Solely researches, develops, and designs on-trend graphics, resulting in the need and creation of new job opportunities.
- Manages concept and brand development, brainstorming and developing design concepts for clients based on their identified needs.
- Proven track record in instructional illustration, print and digital marketing collateral, and multimedia/video production.
- Manages and trains junior team members on art direction, social media management, and presentation design.
- Analyzes performance of social media content, assessing successful strategies and opportunities for improvement, in order to integrate them into new designs.
- Establishes on-going relationships with clients to aid in continued businesses and to assist with generating new clients.
- Implements and drives brand standards to be followed across all member touch points, while leading all creative multimedia and design for one of the largest credit unions in the state.
- Oversees creative teams to ensure the look and feel of the company is true to the brand in all the product offerings.
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills and cultural intelligence in order to translate business requirements and needs into meaningful member experiences and engaging stories.
- Manages all creative consultations with cross-functional departments in order to provide creative direction, schedule needs, production support, and presentation strategies.
- Subject matter expert in out-of-the-box thinking and innovative design and still supporting the channel/brand voice and environment.
Oregon Historical Society | Exhibit Designer (2017 to 2018)
- Designed and constructed a museum exhibits, and special projects, resulting in an award-winning design.
- Researched ideas and materials for an exhibit, recommending solutions for design problems, and utilizing design techniques to produce desired visual effects and educational messaging.
Big Brothers Big Sisters | Designer (2011 to 2012)
- Collaborated with a network of freelance artists, writers, and photographers, ensuring proper communication and consistency in brand story.
- Championed client project goals and interests with the design team; thoughtfully considered budget and timeline during research, sketching, and on-going communication regarding development and progress.
- Developed and implemented print and digital marketing collateral, which emphasized the company’s brand, and utilized innovative strategies and brand imaging.
Acumed | Designer (2010 to 2011)
- Facilitated daily operations, ensuring successful delivery of collateral requests, brand consistency, and local and state compliance across all media.
Oregon Business Magazine | Design Intern (2009 to 2010)
- Completed projects while focusing on stringent company protocols, procedures, and standard operating practices.
- Simultaneously managed multiple projects including design on a monthly basis.
- Portland Community College | 2010 – 2020
- Multimedia Certificate
- Video Production Certificate
- Multimedia Career Pathway Certificate
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Associate of Applied Science in Marketing
- Associate of Applied Science in Web Development & Design
- Career Pathway Certificate, CAS/OS: WDD: Web Assistant I
- The Art Institute of Portland | 2006 – 2009
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
- Central Oregon Community College | 2003 – 2005
- Associate of Arts in General Education
- Northwest Animal Companions | Lead Designer | 2013-2018
- Prineville Band of Brothers | Marketing, Design Consultant, & Photography | 2012-2018
- Rose City Rollers | Event & Digital Marketer | 2013
- Big Brothers Big Sisters | Designer | 2010
Northwest Animal Companions | Prineville Band of Brothers | Rose City Rollers | Big Brothers Big Sisters | Oregon Business Magazine | Oregon Historical Society | Acumed | Apple | Target | Samsung | AT&T | Google | Best Buy Microsoft | LanguageLine | Vodafone | Orange | Comcast | Cricket | Chase | o2 | Office Depot | Sprint | T-Mobile | US Cellular | Amazon
- Communication and public speaking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management
- Adaptability and resourcefulness
- Intellectually curious, life-long learner
- Proficient multi-tasker
- Time Person of the Year in 2006